Thursday, December 31, 2009

Herding Cats II


Dates: April 1st through December 31st of 2009

Host: Renay

For details: Click here.

The challenge (put simply): List exactly 5 books you've read in 2007, 2008, and/or 2009 that you highly recommend. Then try to read some of the other participant's suggestions.

My list of suggestions:
*The Stand by Stephen King
*We Wish to Inform You That Tomorrow We Will Be Killed With Our Families: Stories from Rwanda by Philip Gourevitch
*And the Band Played On: People, Politics, and the AIDS Epidemic by Randy Shilts
*Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury
*The Lorax by Dr. Seuss

My list to read:
*Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
*The Good Fairies of New York by Martin Millar
*28: Stories of AIDs in Africa by Stephanie Nolen
*Nation by Terry Pratchett
*Living Dead Girl by Elizabeth Scott

--This list took serious weeding. It was originally easily five times this long, but I promised myself if I joined I would only make a list of five.

No comments: