Thursday, December 31, 2009

The Support Your Local Library Reading Challenge

Date: January 1st through December 31st of 2009

Host: J.Kaye

For details: Click here.

The Challenge (put simply): There are different levels (numbers of books to choose to read), but essentially it just involves reading books from one's library as opposed to buying them. I'm choosing the "12 book" level...in true wimp style.

My list, to be completed as I go:
1. A Bottle in the Gaza Sea by Valerie Zenatti
2. Castle Waiting by Linda Medley
3. The Sandman: Dream Country by Neil Gaiman
4. House of Stone: The True Story of a Family Divided in War-Torn Zimbabwe by Christina Lamb
5. Fax From Sarajevo by Joe Kubert
6. The Dead & the Gone by Susan Beth Pfeffer
7. The Sandman: Season of Mists by Neil Gaiman
8. George & Sam: Two Boys, One Family, and Autism by Charlotte Moore
9. Skim by Mariko Tamaki and Jillian Tamaki
10. ...I never saw another butterfly...: Children's Drawings and Poems from Terezin Concentration Camp, 1942-1944
11. The Tale of One Bad Rat by Bryan Talbot
12. Javatrekker: Dispatches from the World of Fair Trade Coffee by Dean Cycon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No! Don't say wimp...lol! In 2008, every time I joined a challenge, I listed too many books. I won't make the same mistake in 2009. I plan to join in more challenges, but list less books. I am only going for the 25 amount. I don't want to bite off more than I can chew. :) Steve feels the same and he's going with 12 too.

Have fun!