Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Jane Austen/Masterpiece Theater Mini-Challenge

***I gave Sense and Sensibility a shot. I just couldn't get into it. Just not for me, and since there's so many books out there I do want to read, I'm just bowing out of this challenge.***

Date: January 1st through December 31st

Host: Becky

For details: Click here.

The Challenge (put simply): Read two Jane Austen novels or watch two of the Masterpiece Theater productions of her novels or any combination of the above.

Reasons for joining:

1. I'm obsessive.

2. I've never read any Jane Austen.

3. I had actually hoped to watch the Masterpiece Theater productions after reading each book anyway.

My list:

Well, I'm hoping to get to all six of these, but I certainly make no promises. If I manage to knock off two of them, I will be happy with myself.

*Sense and Sensibility

*Persuasion

*Emma

*Pride and Prejudice

*Mansfield Park

*Northanger Abbey

2 comments:

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Ooh, another good one! A true classics one. I want to read more Austen. I only read P&P in high school and not since, and none of her others. As I mentioned in another comment, I'm so "into" current fiction that I can't seem to motivate myself to read classics. I so admire you for doing this :)

Becky said...

So glad you're joining :) I'm going to try to read six. But I'd be happy with two as well. It's a lot easier to say you're going to do something then to follow through with it :)