Thursday, January 31, 2008

Banned Books Challenge

***Blew it. Only 2 out of my 4 were completed on time. Oh well.***



Dates: February 24th through June 30th, 2008

Host: Pelham Public Library

For details: Click here.

The Challenge (put simply): Read banned books, you choose how many.

My list: (It was really hard to narrow this down!)

*The Lorax by Dr. Seuss (although I've read it a bazillion times, I never tire of it)

*Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury

*Welcome to the Monkey House by Kurt Vonnegut (this will also be a reread...a needed one because I can't remember any of the stories)

*The Martian Chronicles by Ray Bradbury

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog...

What a great challenge, here.

I need to snoop around for some banned books which interest me, and then READ THEM!

best,

Sylvia C.